Posted on: January 07, 2021 • Category: Psychologist
Human Services Center
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Phone 1: 605.668-3100
Learn more about the South Dakota Human Services Center
Human Services Center
3515 Broadway Ave
Yankton, SD 57078
Licenses and Certifications:
A doctoral degree in clinical psychology, or candidacy in a doctoral program in clinical psychology, which leads to eligibility for licensure in the State of South Dakota is required.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- inpatient mental health treatment;
- adult and adolescent psychopathology;
- psychological evaluations to assess intellectual ability, cognitive functioning, and personality and psychopathology.
- administer and interpret psychological tests;
- produce clear and concise psychological evaluation reports;
- conduct individual psychotherapy;
- communicate effectively with treatment team.
The Department of Social Services is has an opening for an experienced professional as a Psychologist at the South Dakota Human Services Center.
The duties of this position include:
- multidisciplinary treatment team consultation;
- individual psychotherapy;
- group psychotherapy;
- forensic evaluations;
- psychological evaluations assessing personality and cognitive functioning;
- supervision of clinical psychology doctoral students.
This is a salaried position and is exempt from the Civil Service Act.
As an employee of the State of South Dakota, you will qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Further information on the program can be found at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service#qualifying-employment .
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Successful applicant(s) will undergo an abuse and neglect screening. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information please visit https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/index.html. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply at: https://scssdltmprod.agilera.net/ltm/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=178
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"