Posted on: June 07, 2021 • Category: Buyer - Manufacturing
Applied Engineering & The Freeman Company
- Associates degree in business management or related field recommended
- Three or more years of experience in buyer/planner role, or equivalent
- Must possess basic computer skills, including knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs
- Reading, writing, problem-solving, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to teach and train others as needed
- Previous MRP/ERP experience required.
The buyer will manage the replenishment process for production-related materials and cultivate relationships with the new and existing supply base. This individual will require a high level of interaction with all departments across the company and excellent communication skills. This individual will need to understand blueprints, interpret specifications and have the ability to create a bill of material structuring. This individual will possess a positive attitude and look for innovative ways to continually meet or exceed our customer’s expectations, both internally and externally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Involvement in supplier management, development, and performance
- Review planned materials reports and create purchase orders based on demands.
- Monitor and review open purchase orders for delays or changes impacting status.
- Manage inventory and shelf life reporting
- Generate RFQ’s to supplier base for new and existing products/services.
- Manage MRO requisitions and purchases.
- Review and interpret specifications to ensure compliance.
- Negotiate the best pricing, price break options, and lead time.
- Manage non-conformances caused by the supply base.
- Project management as required.
- Ability to use software/ERP systems.
- Other duties as assigned
APPLIED ENGINEERING, INC. IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER.
APPLIED ENGINEERING, INC. OFFERS COMPETITIVE WAGES AND BENEFITS.
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.
If you are interested in joining our purchasing team, email your cover letter, resume, list of three references and contact information to HR@appliedeng.com