Posted on: July 29, 2021 • Category: Maintenance, Equipment Maintenance, Manufacturing
American Foods Group - Cimpl's
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Compensation: $21.75 per hour
Phone 1: (605) 665-1665
Phone 2: 605-857-7448
Visit AFG on Facebook
American Foods Group - Cimpl's
1000 Cattle Drive
Yankton, SD 57078
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Perform a variety of specialized tasks in altering environments and the physical requirements of the job
- Previous maintenance experience in a USDA inspected beef, pork, or poultry facility
- Must be fluent in English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Ability to work extended scheduled hours Monday - Saturday with daily overtime. Must be able to work overtime as required. Start times and hours vary based on production needs.
- Safety training.
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) training.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) training.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training.
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) training.
- Food defense training.
- Fluent in Spanish (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, with a strong preference towards food manufacturing/processing
- Work history in the last 12 months
Cimpl Meats, LLC, an American Foods Group Company has opportunities for Maintenance Mechanic I. You must have the ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a dedication to quality.
If you are looking to advance your career, join the AFG family where you can be a part of providing quality beef products to over 40 countries around the world. Training is provided.
As Maintenance Mechanic I, you will:
- Assist higher level mechanics with duties such as servicing, repairing, adjusting and testing machines, devices, moving parts and equipment that operate primarily based on mechanical not electrical principles
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery to ensure machinery runs at 100% in order to meet day to day production demands
- Conveyor belt repair and replacement
- Turn off and lock out tag out equipment when not in use
- Complete required paperwork (i.e. maintenance log and repair logs, etc.)
- Notify Manager or supervisor of any malfunctions or repairs needed
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
Cimpl’s, LLC an American Foods Group Company is a privately held meat processing company located in Yankton, South Dakota. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done. As a member of the team, you will find yourself challenged and contributing in a significant way to the success of the business, and you will be rewarded for that success. If you want to feel appreciated for a job well done and be part of something bigger, then consider joining American Foods Group, a “hire to retire” type of company.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, 401k, Short Term Disability, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
- Training, growth and advancement opportunities that will make this the best and last company you work for.
Check Out the Yankton, SD Area!
Improve your quality of life by residing in Yankton, South Dakota, a rural city located on the banks of the Missouri River. An abundance of recreational areas and amenities make it easy to stay active in Yankton.
The area also offers:
- Numerous water recreation options around Yankton including Lewis & Clark Lake, Lake Yankton, and the Missouri National Recreation River. Beautiful chalkstone bluffs along the shorelines provide the opportunity to view wildlife with scenic backdrops.
- Various parks that offer relaxing entertainment including fishing, hiking trails, and swimming.
- Year-round community events that the whole family will love.
Try to convince us that there is a better place to live and work other than Cimpl’s LLC in Yankton, South Dakota!