Posted on: March 12, 2020 • Category: Quality
Operational Excellence & Quality Systems Manager
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: 605-665-9311
Learn more about Kolberg Pioneer
700 West 21st Street
PO Box 20
Yankton, SD 57078
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or closely related degree.
- 5+ years experience in a Continuous Improvement role within a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in leading a Lean transformation in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills.
- Conceptual Thinking - ability to think in terms of abstract ideas
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, ERP and other applicable programs.
- Must have a win-win mentality & the ability to overcome obstacles, both technical & non-technical.
- Requires steady energy and focused planning and organizing skills.
- Strong facilitation & training skills needed to deliver Quality and Lean Manufacturing concepts, principles & practices.
- Ability to work well with others. Must have strong team-building skills and be successful in facilitating team-based initiatives.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, business process improvement knowledge, and ability to train others with diverse backgrounds and education levels.
- Ability to perform work in a heavy industrial setting, with exposure to fumes/smoke.
This position works closely with every aspect of the business to identify process improvement opportunities (remove waste, enhance agility, reduce costs) and help create a sustainable competitive advantage through the use of Continuous Improvement / Lean principles and methods. Also, develops and sustains a Quality Management System to enhance and ensure customer-focused market success through process performance and reliability throughout the company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement Continuous Improvement System via Lean and Quality to support the development and deployment of the future state design and sustainable enterprise-wide improvement processes.
- Develop and deploy an effective measurement and reporting system for strategic alignment and focus.
- Interact and communicate with all managers, associates, suppliers and customers to help establish Lean values and a Complete Quality culture and assure the needed resources and commitment to drive improvements.
- Enhance and support the Sales & Operations Planning process by ensuring Value Stream clarity, effective VS metrics and defined demand takt times.
- Reduce Value Stream cycle times to continually enhance agility through waste elimination & process flow improvements throughout the organization.
- Lead the transition from MRP-based push manufacturing methodology to Lean-based pull manufacturing methodology with visual controls.
- Establish and maintain companywide process documentation system to promote standard work and process integrity.
- Ensure end-to-end application of Lean and Quality principles and practices; from New Product Development to Service and Support.
- Lead Kaizen Events, 5S, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping, Theory of Constraints Projects, TPM, Set-Up Reduction, Defect Prevention, Leadership Development and other CI efforts.
- Coordinate Lean training and development activities of all associates and grow Lean Champions and Kaizen Leaders.
- Coordinate Lean monthly management review meeting and participate in monthly/quarterly/annual corporate led Lean meetings.
- Develop, maintain and further refine a Quality Management System that is focused on prevention and efficiency in all functions of the Company.
- Establish and maintain the Company Quality Manual to keep current with ongoing organizational needs, including ISO-9000 compliance where appropriate.
- Implement ‘built-in quality’ or ‘quality at the source’ - meet with suppliers, customers, quality representatives, and Company personnel to discuss and resolve issues as required.
- Manage/supervise Quality function employees and provide guidance for their activities.
- Oversee the welding certification program & assist in the mentoring, training & development of new welders & operators.
- Work with Purchasing to improve and maintain Supplier performance; develop and maintain a Supplier Performance Index to assure that only capable suppliers are retained.
- Prepare for and represent the Company during any quality audits.
- Prepare all necessary reports as required by any agencies, customers and staff personnel.
- Executes internal Sarbanes-Oxley control responsibilities with diligence and integrity. These internal control responsibilities are communicated to the person fulfilling this position, and periodic feedback is provided as it relates to performance of internal control responsibilities.
Interested individuals can stop by the KPI_JCI office to complete an application, or download our application form and job descriptions from our website (www.kpijci.com; click on “Careers” in the upper right-hand corner).