Posted on: August 23, 2019 • Category: Quality
Operational Excellence Leader
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: 605-665-9311
Learn more about Kolberg Pioneer
700 West 21st Street
PO Box 20
Yankton, SD 57078
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or closely related degree with two plus years of lean/continuous improvement background & experience.
- Minimal Bronze Lean Certified and/or Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with data collection & interpretation abilities to apply & resolve problems.
- Ability to present to all levels of the organization & take feedback & ideas to incorporate into implementation plans.
- Perform work in an industrial environment with exposure to industrial noise, fumes, smoke, etc.
Working closely with every aspect of the business utilizing Lean Principles, Lean Toolsets, PDCA, 7 QC tools & QED, lead continuous improvement teams on lean implementations & establish detailed action plans. Also, works on improving & enhancing our Quality Management System – through data collection & analysis, along with operator input determine & establish best practices then train across shifts. Work with Managers, Supervisors & Team Leaders on lean training & implementation in their respective areas of responsibility. Follow up on value stream & company metrics to ensure data collection & tracking are being maintained & utilized towards KPI continuous improvement strategies & goals. Work closely with all teams/departments on product & process improvements – assisting & engaging others in implementation plans and corrective actions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train employees on the Lean & Quality toolsets using power point presentations with the ‘train & apply’ technique to develop & ensure strategic alignment.
- Develop cross-functional Kaizen Teams to solve problems, enhance agility, reduce costs & remove ‘waste’ enterprise-wide focused on future state/ideal state design.
- Evaluate processes enterprise-wide through the use of face-to-face interaction, time studies, process mapping, value stream mapping, spaghetti mapping & work load balancing while creating a team oriented environment to implement process improvements.
- Through the use of lean & quality toolsets show process improvements in key performance indicators (ie.- cycle time, cost of quality, inventory, space utilization, on-time completions, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Evaluation: Utilizing PDCA cycles along with data analysis, root cause investigation & employee feedback, provide process improvement priorities & preliminary implementation plans to the OpEx Director & OpEx Steering Committee.
- Work with Value Stream Managers & other Managers on defining & improving product & process issues relating to the respective value streams (product lines).
- Procedures: On a continuing basis, develop procedures & update existing procedures. Advise the OpEx Director of suggested procedural improvements.
- Data collection & metrics: Assist in defining & collecting data for True North system, value streams & work cells; maintain lean & quality metrics & records, including data entry, tracking & control of documents.
- Perform other duties as qualified & assigned by the OpEx Director. All duties must be performed in compliance with Company policies relating to safety, quality and housekeeping.
Interested individuals can stop by the KPI_JCI office to complete an application, or download our application form and job descriptions from our website (www.kpijci.com; click on “Careers” in the upper right-hand corner).