Posted on: August 05, 2021 • Category: Environmental Health and Safety, Manufacturing - EHS
- At least 5 years of professional safety experience in the field as a Safety Professional, preferably in a manufacturing environment, or a Bachelor’s degree in a safety discipline.
- CSP certification is desirable.
- Environmental experience should include field oversight, environmental investigation, air, gas vibration, and water sampling.
- Safety experience should include strong understanding of OSHA regulations, risk assessment & reduction, developing and administering training programs, accident investigation, and resolution.
- Knowledge of environmental and safety compliance, permitting, incident investigation, and reporting protocols.
- Ability to research and analyze difficult information and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong understanding of federal and state safety and environmental regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as both verbal and written communication skills.
- An organized self-starter.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate employees in order to improve processes and performance in health and safety.
- Strong computer skills.
The EHS Coordinator role will work to create and enforce a culture of safety within our organization and will work closely with the local leadership teams to implement programs, policies, and assessments to ensure Manitou (and all its employees) follow all federal and internal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Monitor compliance with current and evolving Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations along with additional company requirements.
- Provide strong visible and active daily presence in the functional work areas to observe operations and to work with employees to achieve safe behaviors and operations.
- Assists HR Manager with the workers compensation program.
- Develop, implement, and promote Manitou processes/work instructions concerning environmental, industrial hygiene, and safety programs consistent with OSHA compliance.
- Establish, schedule, and lead EHS audits/inspections of facility and support corrective actions.
- Lead and / or participate in Process Hazards Analysis activities and participate in technical review of process changes as necessary.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits all safety and environmental reports and permits in a timely manner in accordance with Federal, State, and Local EHS regulations.
- Conducts and coordinates all training mandated by OSHA, EPA, state or local regulatory agencies and provides continuous training for all employees.
- Support the preparation and review of EHS training material.
- Support emergency response activities through the development of required drills and coordination of annual training.
- Work closely with the management team to develop, implement, and measure the success of safety programs through a metrics based global system.
- Coordinates maintenance of management system per ISO 9001.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to exposure factors concerning occupational illnesses and accidents.
- Lead in investigation and root cause analysis for on-site incidents.
- Coordinate/participate on environmental agency compliance inspections.
- Leads the safety committee
LOCALISATION AND TRAVEL EXPECTED :
- Regular physical attendance is required for this position.
- This position is located in Yankton, SD
- Travel as needed (in State to Madison, SD facility).