Posted on: October 25, 2019 • Category: Production Planner, Manufacturing
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business, Economics, or related field.
- Minimum of 2/3+ years’ production planning/master scheduling experience preferably in heavy-industrial manufacturing environment.
- Strong background in ERP (IFS preferred).
- Advanced MS Excel skills required.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Strong data access/retrieval skills with extensive experience in data analysis and data manipulation using MS Excel/ERP system.
- Effectively prioritize multiple tasks to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Process and continuous improvement orientation (Kaizen mindset).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a complex network in a matrix organization.
- Strong attention to detail.
Reporting to the S&OP/ Supply Chain Planning Manager, the Production Planner will work with the corporate Master Scheduler to develop an aggregate production plan. This person will disaggregate the production plan into a detailed schedule by date and model utilizing the IFS/ERP system. This will include all activities pertaining to production planning, material planning, inventory planning and scheduling. This position will execute MRP and create and release shop/assembly orders to the plant, follow and take action to resolve any discrepancy for shop/assembly order and work closely with master scheduling to provide available-to-promise dates with the shortest possible lead time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Performs all production scheduling functions in close coordination with floor supervisors and the corporate master scheduler.
- Facilitate customer order promising using available to promise logic and schedule customer orders based on next available production or lead-time of components.
- Proactively communicate across the organization scheduling issues and opportunities to ensure deliveries are met and objectives are achieved.
- Act as the information hub for all issues concerning/impacting delivery schedules.
- Maintain usage percentage on planning bills/ configured BOM structures.
- Interface with purchasing to expedite problem parts and to reschedule material deliveries that will result in excess inventory.
- Identify capacity and supply constraints, set and maintain planning horizon.
- Manage engineering change orders for production planning, including phase-in/phase-out dates and serial number tracking.
- Drive production planning continuous improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
LOCALISATION AND TRAVEL EXPECTED :
• This position is located in Yankton, SD
• Up to 10% travel could be required
Please submit applications to Linda Anderson via email, mail or online:
ATTN: Linda Anderson
900 Ferdig Street