Posted on: September 24, 2019 • Category: Purchasing, Assistant
South Dakota Human Services Center
Licenses and Certifications:
Incumbent must have a valid driver's license.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and vouchers;
- general warehouse/supply room and inventory procedures;
- proficient computer skills and knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office/Sprocket;
- modern office equipment operation, practices, and regulations;
- filing systems.
- understand and follow instructions;
- make basic arithmetic computations;
- establish effective business and working relationships with vendors, departmental staff, and the public;
- compare information and recognize discrepancies,
- prepare and maintain accurate records/reports;
- repeatedly lift 50 to 100 pounds;
- operate a pallet jack;
- operate a delivery van.
The primary duties associated with this position will include:
- manually enter warehouse and CSR orders into Sprocket so the proper inventory adjustments are made;
- assists Purchasing Officer in the operation of a supply room/warehouse;
- assists Purchasing Officer with the maintenance of a filing system for information such as accounts payable, orders pending, orders filled to ensure an accurate account of activities;
- assists in maintaining the central inventory by checking physical inventories and recording changes in inventories as they occur to maintain an accurate, updated account of stock on hand;
- receives and signs for supply/equipment deliveries ensuring the delivery is accurate and then moves the stock to its assigned area of the warehouse;
- receives unit supply orders, fills orders and delivers orders to the units using manual two/four wheeled carts that are moved up and down a ramp;
- moves supplies and merchandise using delivery van;
- receives consumer/vendor phone calls and answers questions or directs them to the appropriate authority;
- performs other work as assigned.
Works in a typical warehouse environment. Will perform some duties in an unheated/uncooled warehouse and outside in adverse weather conditions. The incumbent will frequently lift 50 to 100 pounds.
This is a full-time position with the Department of Social Services. For more information on the Department of Social Services, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/.
The Department of Social Services strives to make a significant impact in the lives of the citizens of South Dakota. The Human Services Center is looking to further enhance the success of the department's programs by recruiting an assistant in the area of supply warehousing and equipment purchases. The desired candidate will possess a commitment to service, rigorous attention to detail, and the ability to work in an independent, honest, ethical, and responsible manner.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
NCRC:If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information please visit https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply at: https://scssdltmprod.agilera.net/ltm/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=26A
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"