Posted on: September 30, 2019 • Category: Assistant Manager
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of successful retail experience.
- Strong selling experience with the proven ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in recruiting, hiring, and training strong staff a plus but not required.
- Excellent problem- solving abilities.
- Extreme flexibility in schedule. Must be willing to work opening/closing shifts, weekend, holidays, and overtime.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five pounds.
The Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager in all aspects of store operations including employee management and customer relations, stock procurement and visual merchandise displays. Additionally, in the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager assumes full managerial responsibilities.
- Contributes to team effort by achieving targeted merchandise/accessory sales goals.
- Drive and maximize store sales by exceeding customer expectations.
- Assist in recruiting, selecting and training a team of qualified, dedicated and professional store associates based on established core competencies.
- In partnership with the Store Manager, lead and inspire store team through effective coaching and development support needed to create a high performance store sales and management team.
- Continuously monitor operations to ensure standards are met and maintained regarding merchandise presentations, customer service, store cleanliness, shrinkage, and operating cost controls.
- Ensure the fiscal integrity of the store by accounting for all cash, merchandise, and other store assets.
- Provide consistent assessment of each associate sales performance and work within the store to give feedback on areas of strength and opportunity while keeping in line with Company objectives.
- Participate in precautionary security measures to protect Company assets.
- Ensure accuracy and efficiencies of merchandise shipping and receiving.
- Assists manager by helping to maintain inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels; anticipating customer demand
- Adhere to current visual guidelines including proper merchandising, signage and store cleanliness.
- Maintain strong product knowledge for use in selling, merchandising, and giving feedback as requested.
- Ensure that all associates maintain a professional appearance consistent with company dress code policy.
- All other duties as requested by the Store Manager and Area Director.
- Competitive hourly pay
- Potential monthly sales and accessories bonus
- Employer-paid Voluntary Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability (STD), Long-Term Disability (LTD), 401K w/ Company Match
- Generous Employee Discount