Posted on: January 02, 2020 • Category: EHS, Manufacturing
Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- 2+ years of EH&S/Safety experience is required.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of EH&S policies and procedures is required.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality.
- Familiar with state and federal laws.
- Strong training ability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and non-traditional hours a couple days/week to assist with second shift operations.
The EH&S Coordinator will provide environmental health and safety technical support to the TruXedo team. This role will recommend changes to protect workers and educate employees using safety training programs and tools to prevent accidents.
- Coordinate EH&S activities and culture through strong leadership and communication.
- Coordinate and provide ongoing EH&S training for all employees. Assist with new employee safety orientation.
- Conduct routine safety observation tours; follow-up on open issues.
- Coordinate emergency procedures, training, and practice drills.
- Coordinate chemical awareness training and monitor on a continuous basis.
- Plans and implements programs to train supervisors and employees to meet standards and enhance the company safety culture.
- Investigate work related incidents, injuries, and/or illnesses and determine a root cause.
- Coordinate with appropriate EH&S analysts, hygienists, consultants, engineers, and suppliers related to the EH&S needs of the organization.
- Assist in the development of effective EH&S countermeasure to continuously improve safety objectives.
- Ensure legislative compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. Advise management on the compliance status, cost, and technical improvements needed to achieve compliance.
- Lead the safety committee and help to coordinate activities, recommendations, and accountability of identified issues.
- Maintain EH&S tracking reports and provide statistical analysis as required. Ensure all environmental reports are submitted accurately and on time.
- Manage OHSA 300 Log(s), return to work program, and the Worksite Right Program.
- Administer Worker’s Compensation and applicable FMLA programs in line with company policy.
- Participate and support Human Resources initiatives.
- Serve as a positive leader and mentor by exhibiting and instructing desirable behaviors, culture, and skill sets.
- Organize materials at workstation and department according to 6S standards.
- Maintain record keeping for applicable programs.
- Maintain a safe, clean work environment. Correct any unsafe conditions or behaviors.
- Perform other related and non-related duties as assigned through on-the-job training.
Pay and Benefits:
- Truxedo offers competitive pay, with a wage progression as the job is learned, and the opportunity for annual increases
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- A matched 401k savings program to plan and save for your retirement
- Paid vacation and time off to ensure time with your family and a work/life balance
- Educational assistance to continue in college or pursue other skills and further your career
- Discounts on great Truck Hero products for you, your family, and friends
- Please take a moment to provide us your resume and/or complete our online application. You will quickly receive an acknowledgment that you applied, and we will follow up with you again shortly.