Posted on: July 15, 2021 • Category: EHS, Manufacturing
Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- 2+ years of EH&S/Safety experience is required.
This position will provide environmental health and safety support and leadership to the TruXedo team and report to the site HR Manager as well as the corporate Director, EH&S.
- Coordinate EH&S activities and drive a culture of safety-first through strong leadership and communication.
- Promptly investigate work related accidents, injuries, and/or related concerns to determine root causes and corrective measures.
- Ensure legislative compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including timely completion of all required reporting. Advise management on the compliance status, cost, and technical improvements needed to achieve compliance.
- Lead and advise plant safety team, ensuring strong and effective engagement in plant safety improvements.
- Participate in the review of new and existing equipment and processes to ensure efforts to optimize ergonomic considerations.
- Administer Worker’s Compensation program actively managing new and existing cases and leading positive effective efforts to return employees to their plant positions.
- Serve as a local leader and mentor by exhibiting and instructing desirable behaviors, culture, and skill sets.
Pay and Benefits:
- Truxedo offers competitive pay, with a wage progression as the job is learned, and the opportunity for annual increases
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- A matched 401k savings program to plan and save for your retirement
- Paid vacation and time off to ensure time with your family and a work/life balance
- Educational assistance to continue in college or pursue other skills and further your career
- Discounts on great Truck Hero products for you, your family, and friends