Posted on: January 02, 2020 • Category: Purchasing, Manufacturing
- 10 years related experience coupled with purchasing knowledge and skills in negotiations, vendor management, or both.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area.
Help us build the DNA of tech.
Vishay Yankton is searching for a Full time Purchasing Manager responsible for implementing activities related to the procurement of materials, parts, components, and equipment. Manages the activities of buyers and expediters to accomplish company objectives. Reviews and approves purchases up to a specifically authorized dollar amount. Takes the lead to negotiate contracts as authorized. Ensures staff coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and manufacturing departments to maintain inventories at planned levels. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Manages the plan for division wide procurement requirements and creates systems and policies as directed by senior management
- Within established business process controls, ensures that staff is trained to plan, scope, and execute procurement activities
- Acts as lead negotiator for contracts and company liaison with outside vendors
- Through team, ensures that supply levels and inventory goals are met for every function
Vishay offers a comprehensive suite of benefit programs including health care coverage, financial support programs and other resources designed to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. With us, you'll experience unique career paths, an open and collaborative culture, a stable business that will be there for you, and opportunities to work globally and locally.
Do you have the skills we need? Are you ready to power your career as you power the world? If so, apply today.
Vishay is an AAP and Equal Opportunity Employer