Posted on: March 16, 2020 • Category: Human Resource Management
Director of Human Resources and Employee Engagement
City of Yankton
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resource management, business or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered commensurate to a degree. (PHR or SPHR preferred)
- At least five years of experience as a professional in human resource management
Other required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Empathy, professionalism, confidentiality and understanding.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of employee benefit administration and compensation plans.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of human resource management, supervision, personnel management and employment law.
- Ability to identify emerging issues, develop and implement solutions.
- Strong computer skills with the knowledge of and ability to learn, navigate, and operate multiple software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, think critically, make effective decisions, communicate both verbally and in writing
The City is seeking an HR Director who is an excellent and unbiased communicator. They will demonstrate situational awareness and a flexible leadership style. Teamed with the City Manager and peers, they will be counted on to be creative, innovative, forward thinking, and willing to challenge the status quo. They will create a vision for the future of the department while contributing to the vision of the organization.
The Director of Human Resources Employee Engagement will….
- Be energetic and self-motivated.
- Able to work cooperatively with the other department heads to solve problems through critical thinking.
- Be a learn-it all person and not a know-itall person.
- Be respectful.
- Desire to be friendly and have fun with work.
- Be personable, trustworthy, and organized.
- Be humble and willing to check into something when the answer isn’t clear or known.
- Be charismatic and genuine.
- Be confident, positive, and ambitious.
- Be empathetic, professional, and kind.
The Position: Director of Human Resources Employee Engagement
This position is responsible for administering all Human Resources (HR) functions and support services. This includes talent recruiting and selection; employee performance management; compensation and benefits administration; risk management; job classification and organizational compensation structures; labor relations and negotiations; and compliance and metrics. The candidate selected will provide guidance, support and training in HR related topics to city employees, assists in the development of personnel policies, annual city budget and collaborate with the Information and Technology Services Department and the Finance Department for the purpose of administering timekeeping, payroll, and human resource software.
Application Deadline: March 18, 2020
Apply by sending compelling letter of interest and electronic resume to YanktonHRD@hue.life
Questions to Richard Fursman (651)338.2533 or email@example.com
Screen and Review Candidates: March 19 – April 3, 2020
Final Interviews: May 4-5, 2020
Select Candidate: May 8, 2020
Approximate Start: June 15, 2020