Posted on: August 25, 2021 • Category: Grocery, Personal Shopper
Online Personal Shopper
No. of Jobs: 3
Job Type: Part-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Education: High School
Phone 1: 605.665.3412
Yankton Hyvee Website
2100 Broadway Avenue
Yankton, SD 57078
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with people in a friendly, professional manner
- Ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions
- Must possess the ability to substitute products for customers, upon request and unavailability
- Well organized, able to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and complete daily workload with limited supervision
The duties of this position are mostly performed in a retail store setting. This position maybe exposed to dust, noise, and temperature extremes. There are possible hazards from moving equipment and possible electrical shock. There is constant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Pallet jack, box cutter, cash registers, trash compactor, fork lift, telephone, intercom, cardboard compactor, copier, fax (within wage and hour guidelines)
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction
- Must be physically able to perform medium work: occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 50 pounds, with frequent standing, walking, and lifting/carrying of objects of no more than 25 pounds
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions
Has daily contact with store personnel, customers, and the general public
As online shopper flex worker, this position will allow you the opportunity to select “the best of the best” products for our online shoppers. The online shopper will be able to select shifts from multiple stores as demand for online shopping orders fluctuates. This is a temporary position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner throughout the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by:
- escorting them to the products they’re looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience
- Communicates with customers regarding items and timing of their orders.
- Accurately selects groceries ordered online by customers.
- Selects highest quality produce, meat, and other fresh products.
- Selects, scans, and bags items from all temperature zones.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Upon gathering orders, place in storage at proper temperature and promptly retrieve from storage prior to customer’s arrival.
- Ensures products maintain proper temperature through the entire process.
- Cart to and place in holding area for pick-up.
- Lift, carry, and load groceries into customer vehicle.
- Continually monitors incoming online orders to ensure prompt, on-time fulfillment.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.