Posted on: November 17, 2020 • Category: Engineering Manufacturing
Required: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or management with seven years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree – prefer Engineering or Management
- Ability to collaborate and lead people at all levels of the organization including salaried, hourly staff, and external resources.
- 2-5 years’ experience in the application of lean tools and principles
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Able to drive and lead change
- Ability to teach, coach and mentor lean tools
- Experience with leading teams
- Excellent analytical skills
- Financial acumen desired
- Able to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Requires outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with all employees and managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Functional knowledge of business processes, manufacturing and transactional
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate results using problem solving skills. Working knowledge of design tools such as Design of Experiments (DOE) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Experience in managing projects from proposal through implementation and evaluation; Formal Project Management Certification/Degree preferred.
Special Equipment or other requirements: Knowledgeable in the operation and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. Must be familiar with Engineering Project Management and sophisticated high-speed production processes. Possesses knowledge of budgeting, CAD, personal computers and software including, Microsoft Office and Windows and process-monitoring equipment.
Engineering is responsible for managing Manufacturing Engineering resources in both a direct reporting structure and matrix environment. Directs the development, design, manufacturing, and procurement of assembly processes, tools, equipment, and facilities. Supervises cost-estimating of fabricating equipment and related production processes. Enables continual improvements in safety, quality, productivity and delivery measures.
- Act entrepreneurially on matters related to CI; lead, guide, and energize the business.
- Plan, lead & execute actions aligned to strategic objectives.
- Supervises the development, design, and manufacturing of assembly processes, tools and machines that will effectively and efficiently manufacture the company’s products.
- Allocation: Ensure highest degree of design for manufacturability, 50% new product introduction, 50% maintenance of the business.
- Develop and lead monthly Engineering meetings.
- Implement and manage functional Manufacturing Engineering department status boards.
- Take Manufacturing Engineering practices and processes to new heights (e.g. reduce lead-time, skill and tool development, project management and presentation skills.)
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of timely schedules for department projects.
- Responsible for analyzing manufacturing problems, determining the cause, and developing cost-effective solutions
- Monitors capacity of manufacturing processes and makes recommendations to the organization when action is required.
- Directs the preparation of cost estimates of products, fabricating equipment and related production processes. Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of cost estimates.
- Responsible for the construction or alteration of facilities, including the establishment of estimated costs and schedules.
- When applicable, investigates new and/or used machines and equipment and makes recommendations.
- Prepares and submits operating budget and controls department to operate within approved budget.
- Prepares and submits recommendations to the Director - Engineering for capital expenditures.
- Is responsible for maximum efficiency and production of subordinates.
- Improve safety, quality, productivity, and delivery in all departments
- Develop & carry out Engineering training for Engine Mobile Group Mfg and Industrial Engineers.
- Support the lean strategy, drive results and report status to the CI Managers.
- Work with Production management to measure effectiveness of change
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of developments in the field through contracts with professional societies, educational centers, journals, periodicals, etc.
- Is responsible for the quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.